Followers

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Day 15- a timeline of your day


God,I might have to do this one in bits, not sure i'll have long enough to do it all at once. I've decided not to go with a typical timeline layout as the times varey from day-to-day!

My day now starts about 5am. It was only afew weeks ago that there was no end and start to my day, but after a night of continuous controlled crying, Jayden finally sleeps throught the night again. This last week he hasnt been sleeping much during the day, so we've struggled to keep him up past 7, this means he is now waking up an hour earlier (5am instead of 6am)for his morning bottle. When Kieren has work he leaves at 6.30, and if he has college he leaves round 7.30. Strangely even though im now getting more sleep im finding it harder to get out of bed in the mornings. Im hoping my body will get used to it soon though. Jayden wakes up really happy and doesnt cry, he just makes cute little noises. I get him up, give him his bottle and change his nappy. I also check my twitter and facebook at some point. Sometimes he will go back down for afew hours, other days (like today) he wont. Cbeebies usually goes on for a couple of hours then I put Lorraine and jeremy on for me, if we are staying in we alternate between cbeebies and 'mummy tv' LOL. We usually get dressed around 8, earlier if we need to be out the house nice and early. Then its breakfast time for Jayden, its too early for me to eat yet.

Usually between half 9 and half 10 (if he didnt go back to sleep in the morning) Jayden goes down for his morning nap, he quite often fights this for half hour or so, but he starts to get fidgety when hes tired, so I know he needs a nap. During this time I try to do a number of things: get lunch ready for both of us, blog, washing, washing up, anything that needs doing really. Around an hour later he wakes up, we play for a while, then it's usually time for another bum change. Around half 11/12 hes hungry again. So I feed him his lunch, he loves bread, so he quite often starts with cream cheese on bread, then half a baby jar or whatever i'm eating mushed up, followed by some kind of fruit or yogurt.

After lunch we are usually visiting someone, family or friends. Whilst we are staying at my mums my family are all very close by, so I see them all alot. Even if we are just popping out for half hour I have to pack the changing bag, hes bound to be sick or need a nappy change if i dont take it. Its now 2 o'clock and Jaydens hungry AND tired again! So I have to get him fed QUICKLY and then put him down for his afternoon nap. I try use this time to relax for abit and put my feet up, have a hot choccie and catch up on any tv ive missed. When he wakes up its time for another play, then before I know it its almost time for Kieren to come home, so I start preparing dinner if my mums not already doing it. Jayden eats his dinner around 4, we eat anywhere between 5 and 7, depending on whether Kierens on his college course or at work (he does 2 weeks college, 2 weeks work at the moment). After weve eaten Jayden has his bedtime bottle. Then, after playing with daddy for a while its bedtime. We kiss him good night, put him in his cot, read a story then say night and turn on his mobile. we have afew hours of adult time then go to bed ourselves around 9/10 0'clock.

This is an example of a pretty laid back day in our lives, as you all know, they very rarely go to plan LOL. Hes happiest with a full belly, so if we have plans, feeding times change to fit around our day and weekend days are very different.

2 comments:

  1. It's great when they sleep through the night, I just wish I didn't still keep waking up when he is sound asleep! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no tiredness quite like the tiredness of the early days of parenting. Brings back memories :( but all worth it in the end :)

    ReplyDelete