Followers

Thursday 17 May 2012

Day 17- My proudest moment



Our 4D scan

Well this is something I dont even need to think about, of course, my proudest moment was giving birth to my incredibly gorgeous boy. I had an amazing birth, I feel so lucky. My contractions started at about 3 am, although I hadnt been able to fall asleep yet as I felt 'strange'. I was so scared of giving birth and had heard some hurendous stories, so I didnt believe that what I was feeling could be contractions! This may sound weird but they didnt hurt. I was expecting excruciating pain. Kieren was so good, and kept a record of each one on his phone, and he kept saying 'we should ring the hospital'. I didnt feel ready, this couldnt be it! So i waited until a reasonable time(ish) and text my mum about 6.30am and just simply said.. 'I think im in labour, but im not sure'. She rang straight away and said I sounded too calm to be in labour. I agreed.

About 9am, once she had finished her morning job she popped in to see how I was, contractions were about a minute apart now so Kieren rang the hospital and explained what was happening. They said to come in to see what was what. When we arrived I was checked over and was told i was FULLY DILATED!!! My mum started crying and we walked to the delivery suite. 3 hours later there was the most precious, beautiful, tiny baby id ever seen.

One of the 1st photos of Jayden

My 1st photo with Jayden

I felt extremiley proud of myself as I was so scared of labour and was convinced id have every pain relief possible. I delivered him with just gas and air. However, I couldnt have done it without my partner, he was amazing and reassured me the whole way through. Like every mother, its a moment I will NEVER forget.

Our first family photo. Jayden 3 days old

2 comments: