Followers

Wednesday 19 December 2012

From organised to complete chaos

If I go back a month or so, I felt extremiley organised. We had found a place to move into, and the landlord was redecorating the whole place, with a nice new kitchen and bathroom too. We had everything ready for Baby Hs arrival: double buggy, crib, clothes etc. I also had the date in which id be finishing work, was perfect timing for moving in and preparing for christmas. Everything finally seemed to be going right for us.

Our moving in date quickly came round, I had forgotten just how stressfull it really is, especially whilst being pregnant and having a baby crawling around. My family were all away and Kieren wanted to move everything in all on one day(a friday) so the only help we had was his 2 brothers, and they spent most of the day bickering and trying to get a sofa into our front room (it didnt fit). My stress levels were sky high by now, so kierens mum took Jayden for the afternoon so we could get on. we spent the rest of the day, sorting a sofa that does fit in the door and building wardrobes/bedside tables etc. Then I decided that I wanted to put the crib up, so Jayden could get used to it being around, but after I had built the base, the instructions said to get the sides.. and thats where it all went wrong, there were no sides!! We instantly got in contact with the company we ordered the crib from, only to find out that they no longer stock the crib we had ordered so we would have to send it back and get a refund. Well, its 3-4 weeks later and we are still waiting for the money back and we still have no crib. Im due in 3 weeks 1 day so im starting to worry slightly about the baby coming early and having nowhere to sleep.

Just to add to our lovely 1st month in our new home we had major trouble with our boiler and ended up having to stay with family for afew days as it was just too cold, and our washing machine decided to pack up too.

Its less than a week until christmas day and I had planned to be so organised, but we have only done half our shopping, we dont even have wrapping paper yet and we only have a tiny tree this year as we have no idea where ours is and dont have time/money to get a new one at the moment :(

But saying all this and Even with all this happening plus being ill I absolutely love christmas and am determined to have a great time, Kieren finishes work this friday and we have a weekend full of shopping, baking and wrapping planned to cheer us up :) I will do everything in my power to make sure Jayden has a lovely time.


No comments:

Post a Comment